Predictions for Game of Thrones Season 8
1. Jon will end up on the Iron Throne (but he won’t be happy about it)
Either he’ll rule alongside Daenerys, or (more likely, in my opinion), she will die, and he’ll rule alone in order to help Westeros rebuild. The writers didn’t throw that whole annulment detail in for no reason.
Tyrion will be his chief advisor.
2. Jon is the Prince that was Promised
Basically, it’s all about Jon. Dany, who?
3. Sansa, Jon, Tyrion, Sam, Brienne, and Davos will all live
That’s what my gut says. And those are in order of certainty, so I think Sansa will DEFINITELY live, but Davos is the most uncertain… but he’s fun and doesn’t fight, so I’d say his chances of surviving to advise Jon are good.
4. Cersei, Jaime, Euron and Jorah will die
The survey’s out on the fate of the others.
5. Only one dragon will survive
And be adopted by Jon, of course.
6. Ghost will be MIA
Direwolves? What direwolves?? Unless Ghost plays a key role in the final battle somehow, he won’t be appearing. Those dragons and zombies are expensive enough.
7. There will be a dramatic siege at Winterfell
Winterfell will fall, or at least be unable to stop them.
8. The last stand battle will take place at King’s Landing
This is where the White Walkers will be stopped for good.
9. The Rains of Castemere will play slowly while Cersei sits alone on her precious Iron Throne, the zombies closing in
Jaime will try to save her, but he will fail.
10. The final shot of the show will be a wight or zombie dragon opening its blue eye
We’re going full horror movie. They’ll think they’ve defeated the threat, and everything is safe again, and then we’ll find out that, nope. All of this will happen again.
11. Jon and Dany’s angst will be the main emotional focus of the season
I mean, does this even count as a prediction?
Will I be right about any of these? Who knows! But I’ll come back to these at the end of the season and see just how wrong I was.
But let me know: what are your predictions for Season 8? I’d love to hear them!